Did you miss me?February 27, 2008 at 9:48 pm | Posted in Random | 18 Comments
Even if you didn’t I did. The flu kicked my butt. I felt like one of those ultimate fighters that gets knocked unconscious in the first 30 seconds, bloody and beaten out of nowhere. I’m finally on the mend, but still not feeling like my normal cheery self 😦
Because I know you all missed my wonderful posts and because I’ve been tagged with more meme’s than I can keep track of I’m going to ease my way back into blogging with a mish mash of meme’s. I know my darling CB tagged me at least one, the hysterical Tempered Woman tagged my butt too and I just saw that I was tagged again by Naomi of Straight into Bed Cakefree and Dried. For some reason all the recent meme’s have centered around 5’s which is a nice short number I can live with. So …
5 things about me aka the Meme everyone has taken part in
1. I give my pets crazy names. My dog’s name is Puddles. My cat is Bubba Lucky (think rubber ducky, but not) and my old cat that went missing about a year ago 😦 was named Spanky Monkey Kitty
2. I used to swim competitively and was one of the top 10 swimmers in New England in multiple events when I was younger.
3. I have one sibling. A younger brother that is a year and a half and six days younger than me. He is also 1 day shy of two years younger than G. Do you have any idea how confusing it gets when your hubby and bro have b-days back to back. I am a horrible wife because I have to ask my hubs which bday is his. Ooopsies
4. I have three college degrees. Sociology, Religion and Women’s Studies. Ok, so the last two are minors, but technically I still have a degree in both of them. Too bad three degrees doesn’t automatically translate into a job I love. I adored my college classes, but now ugh, no clue what I want to do with my life and I’m just chilling at a job I’m not a fan of.
5. I’m a sucker for reality TV. I watch all of it. Every last bit of reality TV. It’s fantastically addicting. I like how one of my sociology professors put it best. She basically said as people interested in sociology we’re kinda obsessed with people watching and seeing how they interact so it’s educational 😛 Sure, it’s edited, but what you see does happen so I’ll just pretend I’m watching for educational purposes.
The Meme Naomi tagged me with is pretty cool, she changed around the one she was tagged with and, in my mind made it even better
5 Tastes I couldn’t live without
4. Cheese – specifically Parmasean, Mozzarela, Cheddar and ::ducks for cover:: American Cheese (land o’ lakes white to be exact … I hate kraft singles yuck)
5. Carbs – so what if they’re not a real taste I’m addicted to them and I vote that they should count so they do
And because you’re probably wondering why I put that sexy picture at the top … I’m going to join the crew of girls whoring out their blogs for the purposes of getting in the Knut’s err the knot’s wedding magazine. They’re having a real wedding contest and I’m sort of a rebel. I didn’t love my wedding pics enough to put them up to be critiqued by others, but a bunch of us got together and trashed our dresses and those pics are hawt, so I entered those. You can vote every day so give us 5 stars and let me know you love me. Go here for our pics.