American Chop SueySeptember 15, 2007 at 10:07 pm | Posted in pasta | Leave a comment
This is the recipe my mom used when I was growing up, but I also found it on allrecipes.com. Super easy and pretty yummy. Nothing amazing, but a good, quick and easy meal.
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- You can also add garlic, italian seasoning, peppers or anything else that suits your fancy
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef and the onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and crumbly. Drain thoroughly and leave the meat and onion in the skillet. Pour the two cans of tomato soup into the skillet and stir well to combine.
- When noodles are done, drain thoroughly and return noodles to the pot. Add the hamburger mixture from the skillet to the pot. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.