Chili-Lime Chicken KabobsJuly 3, 2007 at 4:02 pm | Posted in Chicken | Leave a comment
Stolen From AllRecipes.com
I absolutely love this recipe! I’ve made it for Greg a few times and we are in love with it. There are only a few minor changes that I’ve made. The first is that I used regular old vinegar because I didn’t have red wine vinegar. And the second is that I stack the skewers with lots of other yummy stuff. I always have pineapples, and lime slices (the pieces of chicken near the limes taste extra yummy) and last time we added oranges to the mix. The grilled oranges were AMAZING!! I wish I had my own pics of this, because honestly, mine looked way better than the ones in this pic, but you’re just going to have to take my word for it
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.